FAQ

IMG_0062.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I’ve never booked a photographer for an event before. How does this process work?

No worries! I got you ;) all you have to do is go to the contact page listed above and fill out the information form and I will send you all of the information that you need in order to get started. From there we can set up a time to chat over the phone or meet up and discuss all the fine details of your day. I know this process may seem overwhelming but trust me it doesn’t have to be! I will do my best to make it as seamless as possible for you.

Q: How do I reserve you for my wedding date?

All dates are reserved once I’ve received your signed contract and first deposit. All of this information is covered in my initial email to you as well.

Q: Do you shoot both film and digital?

Yes! I started on Digital and typically shoot about 80% of your wedding day on my digital camera. However, I absolutely love the look and feel of what a film camera can produce, so the other 20% (mostly portraits) are shot on my film camera. I can shoot more film for your wedding day upon request.

Q: On Average, how many images should we expect to receive and what is your turn around process like?

It depends on lots of different variables but typically you will receive anywhere from 800-1000 images. You will receive a complete gallery of all your images within 3-4 weeks.

Q: Do you use a second shooter?

YES! I will always have a second shooter with me. My second shooter is there to help capture the whole story of your day, with helping to cover details, family and friends. My second shooter is typically my husband or asked from a trusted circle of photographers that I have worked with multiple times.

Q: Im so nervous to be in front of the camera. So much so, that it hinders me from wanting to have an engagement session! Any tips?

Yes! I totally understand and I don’t expect you to know exactly what to do, where to stand, and how to model in front of the camera. I am here to help direct you and your fiancé  every step of the way. The one thing I will always stress to my clients is to be YOURSELF! When you can feel relaxed and comfortable in your own skin, the images will speak for themselves and truly capture the most genuine moments.

Q: Do you travel?

Yes! Send me anywhere! While most of my work is based here in DC & Virginia, I do travel for weddings. A small travel fee is included within your wedding package.

Q: Have you photographed at my venue before?

My husband and I recently moved to the DMV area, so the linklyhood that I have it little. However, if I haven’t photographed at your venue before, I do travel to the venue before your wedding a thorough walk-through to scout out the best photography locations.